Treatments On This Page
Amniotic Allograft Injection
Novocur is helping to unlock the regenerative potential of the human body!!
How does it Work?
Amniotic tissue is an abundant source of collagen that provides an extracellular matrix to act as a natural scaffold for cellular attachment in the body. Collagen provides a structural tissue matrix that facilitates, among other things, cell migration and proliferation in living tissue. Novocur offers an amniotic product that was developed using a proprietary technique that morselizes the amnion tissue in an effort to preserve its structural properties in an injectable form. This ”micro-scaffold” created by the morselized tissue matrix includes the residual proteins, carbohydrates, hyaluronic acid, growth factors, and other chemical compounds naturally present in amniotic fluid and tissue to provide a liquid tissue matrix that is derived from those components designed for rapid fetal growth and development.
In simple terms, all the natural proteins and growth factors from amniotic tissue and fluid that help to bring about rapid fetal development are preserved in a liquid form for injection into painful soft tissue or joints. The result is diminished inflammation, diminished pain and increased soft tissue repair and reconstruction.*
Amniotic Allograft Injection
Supporting Soft Tissue Repair
Extracellular matrix composition of Collagens I, III, IV, V, VII and other structural proteins provides a natural scaffold to facilitate cellular adhesion while assisting cellular migration and proliferation.
Promote Soft Tissue Reconstruction
Growth factors found in amniotic tissue such as PDGF, VEGF, EGF, FGF and TGF-B promote cellular proliferation and new collagen formation and minimize scar tissue formation.
Reduce Inflammation and Pain
Interleukin-1 receptor antagonists (IL-1RA) and Tissue Inhibitor of Metalloproteinase (TIMP) 1, 2, 3, 4 proteins present in amniotic tissues suppress and modulate inflammation and pain.*
Amniotic tissues have been described as immune-privileged because they rarely evoke an immune response in the human body.*
Unsurpassed Safety and Quality
Novocur utilizes placental-derived allografts that are recovered from live, healthy donors that are pre-screened during pregnancy and chosen based on stringent donor selection criteria. Aseptic recovery of the tissue at childbirth as well as protocols and procedures that have been developed to meet or exceed all applicable industry standards describe Novocur’s commitment to your safety. Our tissue suppliers are registered with the FDA and accredited by the American Association of Tissue Banks.
Moral Tissue Donation – Enhancing Life through Live Birth
Of paramount concern to Novocur is that all amniotic tissue donations come from live births, where the mother has voluntarily donated her amniotic tissue and fluid from a planned C-section delivery. The mother is pre-screened prior to delivery and the tissue is screened using stringent tissue donor standards. There are no moral issues with Novocur’s Amniotic Allograft Injections.
Common Injuries or Syndromes Treated with Amniotic Tissue Injection*
- Soft Tissue Injuries
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Inflamed Nerves
- Muscle Tears
- Repetitive Motion Injuries
- Small, Medium and Large Joint Pain from Osteoarthritis
- Knee Pain from Osteoarthritis
- Shoulder Pain from Osteoarthritis
- Hip Pain from Osteoarthritis
- Neck or Back Pain from Facet Joint Osteoarthritis
- Post-Surgical Pain
Call Novocur today to see if your insurance will cover Amniotic Allograft Injection Therapy!! Some qualifying insurance will pay at 100% for this procedure at Novocur. Our competitors commonly charge $5000 out-of-pocket, but Novocur’s billing experts help many patients find complete coverage, often with no out-of-pocket expense, as part of Novocur’s concierge level service.
*Individual results may vary.
Bone Marrow Aspirate Concentrate (BMAC)
Amniotic allograft tissue provides wonderful growth factors for healing while BMAC provides the highest concentration and yield of Stem Cells.
Concentrated bone marrow aspirate (BMA) is a biologic concentrate derived from a patient’s own bone marrow. Concentrated BMA is high in mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs) and hematopoietic stem cells (HSCs), which are known to be critical in biological processes such as tissue regeneration and bone formation.
What Is the Composition of Bone Marrow Aspirate (BMA)?
BMA is derived from a patient’s bone marrow. It contains a heterogeneous mix of stem and progenitor cells, platelets and white blood cells—each making their own contribution to the healing process.
The chart below outlines key components of iliac-crest-derived bone marrow.
Obtaining BMAC from a patient is relatively straight forward and painless during the procedure. It only takes a few minutes to aspirate the needed tissue and no incision or stitches are usually required. Tenderness and/or bruising at the site of aspiration is common and may last for 7-14 days.
BMAC will be injected into the treatment site (Knee, shoulder, hip, etc.) immediately after obtaining the aspirate and may be mixed with amniotic tissue, if desired, to combine the best of both treatments into one super powerful injection that is loaded with all the factors your body needs to kick its own repair mechanisms into high gear.
Call Novocur today if you have any questions about this treatment!
In Simple Terms
Arthritic joints and tissues attract enzymes that breakdown the damaged tissue for healing purposes and create inflammation that is necessary to kick-start the healing process. In our blood exists a compound called Alpha-2-Macroglubulin (A2M) that is designed to shut-down this enzymatic breakdown healing process after a period of appropriate time.
Research has shown, however, that in areas of the body where there is little blood supply, such as joints with hyaline cartilage and spinal discs, this process of enzymatic breakdown of damaged tissue can become chronic because our body cannot concentrate enough A2M from the limited blood supply to shut this process down. This prolonged enzymatic breakdown will lead to major inflammation, pain, and breakdown of healthy tissue. This fact explains why after injuries to structures like knees or spinal discs, we often see development of thinned cartilage or spinal discs in the months and years to follow an injury.
The doctors at Novocur can harness the power of your body’s own A2M to neutralize these enzymes and stop the inflammation, pain, and destruction of these cartilage structures or discs.
Who is it for?
A2M is good for anyone with joint pain from osteoarthritis. It can also be used to treat herniated spinal discs.
How does it work?
- In the Knee and other joints with cartilage. A2M is concentrated from the patient’s own venous blood. A blood draw is taken from the patient just prior to the procedure and put through a complex centrifuge and filtration process to concentrate the A2M available in the blood. The A2M is then re-injected into the painful knee joint or any other cartilaginous joint.Your body’s own blood and tissues have the best healing factors. Novocur identifies these compounds, concentrates them, and injects them back into arthritic joints.
- In the spine for disc herniation: Novocur has a created a proprietary process to treat herniated discs that have not responded to traditional pain management treatments, such as physical therapy, chiropractic care, or epidural steroid injection. Traditionally, when these treatments have failed, surgery is the only next step available. Novocur is seeing phenomenal results with our A2M treatment of spinal discs and are preventing some patients from the need to have spinal surgery.
The process is threefold.
- Identify problem disc(s): our doctor will identify discs that are leaking nuclear material (the center portion of the disc that leaks to outside when a disc is damaged) utilizing a modified type of discogram. A dye that can be seen under x-ray is injected into potentially damaged discs to determine which levels are leaking nuclear material. Your body’s immune system has never seen the nuclear material before, but when nuclear material makes its way to the outside of the disc, your immune system identifies it as foreign and mounts a massive immune response that creates inflammation, pain and attracts proteolytic enzymes to help break down this extruded material.
- Inject A2M intradiscally: once the problem disc levels are identified, A2M from the patient’s own blood is concentrated and injected into the nucleus of the disc to shut down the enzymatic breakdown of the disc, turn off the inflammation, and reduce the pain.
- Patch the damaged disc(s): a second biologic product is concentrated from the patient’s own blood called fibrin. Essentially, fibrin is clotted blood that is still injectable, but in the process of continuing to coagulate. Novocur uses this blood product to act as a plug or patch in the outer portion of the damaged disc. This prevents further nuclear leakage and immune system response. Not only does the fibrin patch the damaged outer portion of the disc, but it is embedded with the natural healing factors of your own blood to help initiate healing of the disc from the inside out.
What are my expectations following treatment?
The first 24-48 hours following an injection of A2M you may experience a feeling of increased pressure in the area because of the volume of the injection and increased pressure in the area. Once your body equilibrates the volume this feeling of pressure should resolve.
Some patients will notice after the first couple days an immediate diminishment of pain, and others may notice improvement after several weeks.
*Individual results may vary.